And So We Say... Farewell

 


I am a ball of emotions.

  • Exhausted from packing and moving all our stuff in two short weeks.
  • Weary of sciatica discomfort that prevents me from sleeping well at night.
  • Excited to embark on this new chapter in life.
  • Sad to leave our home of 27 years.
At some point, I will write about these events in more detail. But today I will attempt to share my feelings in a different way. I am no poet (as you will soon see) ... but this idea grabbed me so I ran with it.

Goodbye, House (written in the style of Goodnight, Moon by Margaret Wise Brown)


In the cozy little Nook
There was a desk, a couch, and a shelf full of books
There were journals and pens
And scrapbooking bins.
And many wonderful memories spent within.


But the Paris room was also a favorite sight.
With its year-round Christmas tree and twinkling lights.


The Beach room reminded us of past vacations,
And the possibility of new retirement locations.


The Master Bedroom was no designer showcase
But provided us a tranquil sleeping space.


The sunny yellow kitchen beaconed all to come
And faithfully served as the heart of the home.
From lively conversations around the family table
To baking all the Christmas holiday staples.


And the dining room table - dressed with Cora’s special dishes
Brought us together for the Feast of Seven Fishes.

So it is with mixed feelings I must at last say…


Goodbye, Nook.
Goodbye, books.
Goodbye pens and scrapbooking bins.


Goodbye Beach Room.
And Paris baguettes. 

Goodbye Master bedroom set.


Goodbye Kitchenaid.
Goodbye cookies homemade.

Goodbye family meals 
Goodbye holiday squeals.

Thank you 2140 for treating us so well.
Perhaps this isn’t goodbye but simply farewell. 

Comments